A collection of useful bridge links with resources for help improving your game or/and websites to play bridge on…
Resources to improve
- BridgeBum – Great site for loads of conventions
- Simon’s Conventions – A few more rare but useful gems
- Convert PBN to LIN Files – Then upload your lin files to Bridgebase
- Bridgewinners – Lots of discussion forums.
- Bridgewebs – A site which lists many bridge clubs using their software to list club results.
- EBU – The English Bridge Union
- Richard Pavlicek – World class player with some free resources…old looking bridge website but the content is very good. You can find Richard playing on Bridgebase usually every night…I’ve even played against him a couple of times.
- Bridgebase My Hands – check out the last set of hands you played or somebody else played.
- No Fear Bridge – Bridge tutorials….monthly fee
- ACBL – A great free Minibridge program you can practice as much as you like on your own against robots.
- Vacant Spaces calculator – This is a useful site for calculating odds of a missing card for vacant spaces as well as normal odds.
Bridge Play / Tuition websites
- Bridgebase – The most popular site to play bridge and it’s free.
- Funbridge – Fun Bridge!
- BridgePlay – Great site for teaching on – you can do so much more than Bridgebase – watch 20 people at a time. Using zoom and breakout rooms is the way forward if you want to teach more than 4 people at once online if you intend to do any playing that is. Speak to Jim Edwards who is the creator behind the site; a friend of mine going way back from 30+ years from Leeds university.